At the moment, there is no direct way to save images to your uploads library after their backgrounds have been removed. But there is a workaround that will let us do the trick. 🙂
This technique is helpful when you wish to keep and easily recover an edited version of your image.
Here are the steps:
1. Load your image in the editor. In this example, I picked an image from the Pixabay integration.
2. Choose the Erase Background tool to remove the image background.
3. Once you’re done removing the image background, head for the Crop button.
4. Inside the Crop tool pop-up, select the image and don’t forget to tick the Save to Library option. Then click on Crop.
5. Finally, go to the Uploads tab on your assets library at the left and you can see your saved image there ready for access anytime! 🙂
Hope this helps! Thanks!