Have you seen your Facebook fan page switch to another layout, lately? Well, you’re not alone. Looks like the Facebook team is slowly rolling out another update on Facebook fan pages.
And it’s not really something to freak out about, because like what we use to hear “ Change is inevitable. Change is Constant”.
So whether we like it or not, needless to say, we better equip ourselves well with what’s coming… and this said, here are a few things we’ve gathered (so far) about the latest updates on Facebook fan pages.
A Glimpse of the (tentative) New Facebook Fan Page Layout
At first, you might think that the update was being rolled out per fan page but that’s actually not the case. According to Hugh Briss of Social Media Masterminds:
“It’s important to realize that this does not roll out per Page but per account. You may be seeing everyone’s Pages the new way if your account has been updated but everyone else will still see your Page and everyone else’s the old way…”
Since Facebook hasn’t officially announced this new layout update yet, it’s safe to think they were still “road-testing” it at the moment just like what they did with the latest changes on profile page layout. There were several layouts rolled out to several users that time and the one with the highest user votes was that which was made live.
So what are changes that come with this new revamp?
- Well, the first and most obvious change is that the profile photo is no longer embedded in the cover photo. You can definitely take advantage of the extra space in case you want to add more details to your cover.
- Tabs like Home, About, Photos, Likes, Videos, etc., that used to be found underneath the cover photo is now transferred on the left side just under the new position of profile picture. It does look decluttered, really.
- The call-to-action buttons are left to stand out with a wider space given. Hooray!
- Clicking on the Home tab will show the Page stats, whilst fan page posts will be accessible through Posts tab.
- New cover photo size is 828 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall
- “Profile picture size must be at least 180×180 pixels but will be displayed at 170×170 pixels on your Page on computers, 128×128 pixels on smartphones and 36×36 pixels on most feature phones”
Thanks to our wonderful Youzigners, who tipped us ahead (as early as the 4th of June this year! :)), our team were able to act fast and add the new format in Youzign as “Facebook Cover 2016”
These are the crispiest details we can share with you so far about the latest updates on Facebook fan pages . And if you want to stay in the loop for the up-to-date formats for your online and offline graphics, feel free to try our risk-free trial here.
Start creating professional level graphics for Social Media covers and posts, websites, ads, banners, headers, business cards, flyers and more… the easy way with Youzign!
P.S. So have you checked out these latest Facebook changes already? Let us know your thoughts below!